Saturday, February 27, 2016

Dark Galaxy Portraits

Hey everyone!
It's been a long time, no post. I've been swept away by life. Even now, as I write this there is so much going on. I'm honestly wondering if adulthood is just a highway of trials. I'd very much like to exit on street and cruise down to 40 mph hour if you know what I mean.
Anyhow, as promised, I've been tinkering and chipping away at my third draft. The most important theme of this draft seems to be cementing The Grove and its characters as a force of their own. So far, I believe to be on the right track and I am incredibly excited. This draft seems to be more about polishing words and using the tools I've acquired over time to make the novel sparkle before querying. The hugest pain has been turning all my free and wacky sentences current. I tend to make the mistake of using passive terms here and there.

I've also been collaborating with an illustrator to bring some of our favorite characters to life in a visual. Tally Todd is one of my favorite artists. Her angular and eccentric style is something that intrigues me and also fits the aesthetic of my imagination. There isn't a better match. And if you love Brett Helquist and Tim Burton like I do, she will surely strike your interest. 
Tally's work is such a treat and I hope you enjoy the first two imaginings of Alexia and Kyle below.




`

The funny thing is, I'd forgotten to tell her some details about Kyle and she still nailed it without my mentioning. He came out exactly how I envision him, as well as sweet Alexia.
Phase 2 of the portraits is in the process and will be the debut of Alanee and Robert.
In the meantime, if you'd like to peruse more of Tally Todd's work, head over to her blog and get lost in it. You'll be happy you did. ;)

XO,
T
  

No comments:

Post a Comment